Brad Pennington, Board member
Construction Manager – Retired | Simi Valley, CA
Andy Stay, Vice Chairman
Business Owner | Somis CA
Tenure: 23 years
Uel Leite, Board Member
Corporate Planner | Camarillo, CA
Tenure: 12 years
Scott West, Board Member
Vice President/Construction | Camarillo, CA
Tenure: 2 years
Dick Thomson, Secretary
Business Manager – Retired | Oxnard, CA
Tenure: 10 years
Frank Mastrolonardo, Board Member
Operations Director | Simi Valley, CA
Tenure: 5 years
Bob Ellis, Board Member
Banker – Retired | Ventura, CA
Tenure: 3 years
Steve Donatelli, Board Member
Controller | Ventura, CA
Tenure: 1 year
Jim Owens, Chairman
Business Owner | Ventura, CA
Tenure: 1 year
Homelessness and poverty can destroy hope and devastate lives. Many live just one paycheck away from a downward spiral that can lead to despair, substance abuse, and even death. Breaking this cycle takes much more than just meeting the physical needs of food and shelter. True change comes from inside. It is God’s touch on a person’s soul that brings hope, value, and lasting change.
The Rescue Mission Alliance has systematically grown a coalition of exemplary biblically-based missions throughout Southern California that brings both physical and spiritual life essential services to the thousands of downtrodden in our area. The staff, volunteers, pastors, board of directors, and eventually many of those who graduate the program desire to be the hands and feet of Christ on this earth, offering refuge, recovery, and restoration in His name.
As the Board of Directors of the Rescue Mission Alliance, we strive to:
- Interpret the needs of those we serve to the ministry, and interpret the actions of the ministry to those we serve.
- Recognize that our job is to ensure that the ministry is well managed.
- Represent all those whom this ministry serves and not a particular geographic area or interest group.
- Consider ourselves “trustees” of the ministry and do our best to ensure that it is well maintained, financially secure, growing, and always operating in the best interests of those we serve.
- Guide and guard the vision of refuge, recovery, and restoration to hopeless men, women, and families through programs that minister to the body, mind, and spirit.
We are grateful for the generous support and volunteer assistance we receive from individuals, churches, school groups, businesses, and service organizations. We are blessed to have so many who share in our ministry. If you would like to know how you can help us help others, please contact us.